Our Earn-A-Bike (EAB) program is the longest continuously-running program at TCCP. After volunteering for 5 hours, an individual can pick out a donated bicycle! After you’ve claimed a bike as your own, you can learn some basic repair skills by refurbishing the bicycle during open shop hours. We have bicycle mechanics around to provide assistance. Once the bike is completed, you will have earned a bicycle AND learned how to maintain and repair your bike. You make an investment in the shop by volunteering, and we help you by giving you a bike and the knowledge to maintain it!
- An individual may earn one (1) EAB per year.
- EABs must stay in the shop until completion; after it is completed and inspected by a shop opener may the bicycle leave the shop.
- An EAB may not be traded after it has been taken by its earner.
- After completion, the shop opener must record the bicycle serial number and description on the earner’s volunteer sheet, as well as the earner’s name, the date, and take a photo of the bicycle for TCCP’s records.
- EAB volunteer hours may earned while working on a shop project, helping someone else with their bike, and at a TCCP workshops or classes, NOT while working on personal projects.